My life's interests and career

This is an eclectic blog. My ramblings and musings are posted here in form of poetry, articles, drama and other forms of writings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

I am a pharma marketing professional: with B Pharma from JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore and I have done my M Pharma (1992) from Govt. College of Pharmacy, Bangalore (after passing GATE 1990). I have also done my PGDMM (Post Graduate Dip in Marketing Management) in 1998 (& UPGRADED IT TO MBA (MARKETING) IN DEC 2014) and PGDHRM (Post Graduate Dip in Human Resource Management) in 2011; both from IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University), New Delhi, after passing INDOMAT entrance exam. My qualifications are B Pharma, M Pharma (Pharmacology), MBA (Marketing) and PGDHRM. I like writing (my professional articles have been published in Chronicle Phamabiz, Express Pharma Pulse etc), training, marketing and management science - besides healthcare and pharmaceuticals. I work in Pharma marketing.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Exubera

The times are achanging

There was a time in the pharma industry (1960s - 1970s) where one had to meet a nucleus of doctors give them a great looking MR, good presenter - charmer visiting them regularly, give some freebies, gifts, seminars, luncheons; good ego massage and the prescriptions would start rolling. Patients too would not be too assertive or questioning with the doctors.

Well times are achanging. Now its the internet era - the web 2.0 revolution is on. Business is at the speed of thought. Business plans get disrupted a lot faster. There is a remarkably high level of patient empowerment and societal consciousness on various issues. There are more assertive and informed stakeholders in the healthcare delivery process. Hence, diffusion of pharma innovations are a lot tougher. Perhaps if the Vioxx launch had happened in the 1960s it would not have had such an exit. They would have repositioned Vioxx as a short term use NSAID.

Exubera

Pfizer with high hopes, launched it like a bong
Thought - it would be click like a gong
But missing is the exuberance
All it got is malevolence
So will Exubera bomb?
www.pharmaceuticalshealthcare.blogspot.com
This is posted as a comment at www.diabetesmine.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home