My life's interests and career

This is an eclectic blog. My ramblings and musings are posted here in form of poetry, articles, drama and other forms of writings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

I am a pharma marketing professional: with B Pharma from JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore and I have done my M Pharma (1992) from Govt. College of Pharmacy, Bangalore (after passing GATE 1990). I have also done my PGDMM (Post Graduate Dip in Marketing Management) in 1998 (& UPGRADED IT TO MBA (MARKETING) IN DEC 2014) and PGDHRM (Post Graduate Dip in Human Resource Management) in 2011; both from IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University), New Delhi, after passing INDOMAT entrance exam. My qualifications are B Pharma, M Pharma (Pharmacology), MBA (Marketing) and PGDHRM. I like writing (my professional articles have been published in Chronicle Phamabiz, Express Pharma Pulse etc), training, marketing and management science - besides healthcare and pharmaceuticals. I work in Pharma marketing.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Passport in India

Have you tried getting a passport in India? Yikes the system is so archaic and self defeating in present hi tech times!

You know you have to get a dozen passport size photos tediously fill in a form and submit it at Bangalore one citizen centre or the passport office with supporting documents.

Well I will suggest an easier format that is even more beneficial to the Govt. and foolproof.

Get a biometric machine that will record fingerprints and take photos as they do at the sub registrar offices in Bangalore for registration of land and property. This way the passport size photos system can be done away with and every thing is in control with the Govt, the fingerprinting system will disallow any kind of fake passports.

Fill in the details online and just print out the passport. It is as simple as that. Have plenty of such kiosks to issue the passports. Moreover this system will allow to issue e-passports at a later date.

That is easy e-governance for you!
- Sunil S Chiplunkar www.pharmaceuticalshealthcare.blogspot.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Binny's said...

Chipu,in developed countries, system to get a passport is almost similar to what you have described.But in India,we still practice medieval ideas. Good thinking anyway.
Cheers
Regards
Vinod

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home