My life's interests and career

This is an eclectic blog. My ramblings and musings are posted here in form of poetry, articles, drama and other forms of writings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

I am a pharma marketing professional: with B Pharma from JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore and I have done my M Pharma (1992) from Govt. College of Pharmacy, Bangalore (after passing GATE 1990). I have also done my PGDMM (Post Graduate Dip in Marketing Management) in 1998 (& UPGRADED IT TO MBA (MARKETING) IN DEC 2014) and PGDHRM (Post Graduate Dip in Human Resource Management) in 2011; both from IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University), New Delhi, after passing INDOMAT entrance exam. My qualifications are B Pharma, M Pharma (Pharmacology), MBA (Marketing) and PGDHRM. I like writing (my professional articles have been published in Chronicle Phamabiz, Express Pharma Pulse etc), training, marketing and management science - besides healthcare and pharmaceuticals. I work in Pharma marketing.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

St. Valentine's day or GOPIKA DIWAS?

I GOT THE ABOVE IMAGE FROM HERE.

One of the most interesting debates of our age is the somewhat hysterical outbursts against St. Valentine’s Day. The anti St. Valentine Day celebration stir is seen as a suppression of freedom of expression. The supporters of this celebration see it as a cultural battle.

Here is a suggestion: celebrate Feb 14th as a GOPIKA DIWAS. On this day let the males be encouraged to give roses or gifts to the females as a MARK OF RESPECT.

And, let the guys while giving the roses:

a) promise to respect women always
b) promise never to take dowry
c) promise never to eve tease.

This sort of a celebration will truly help the young women of India. There can also be a signature campaign on this day never to take dowry and eve tease; and to respect women always. So let Feb 14th be a Gopika Diwas celebration with respect to women, anti dowry and anti eve teasing promises.

This post is by Sunil S Chiplunkar; my other blog is http://www.pharmaceuticalshealthcare.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home